2019 Home2 Suites by Hilton Housekeeping Week Program Overview
While we show our appreciation year-round, each September we set aside one special week to put the spotlight on our Housekeeping heroes and say thank you for their "Free to be you" hospitality. From September 8-14, it’s time to bring this valuable back-of-house team to the forefront. Below, we’ve included everything you need to know to make this your best Housekeeping Week ever.
- Why We Celebrate
- The Housekeeping Wall of Fame
- Build Your Own Hotel Scrapbook
- Share Your Housekeeping Week Photos and Win!
- Customizable Recognition Tools
- 101 Best Practices
- Make a Plan (Idea Starters)
Why We Celebrate
International Housekeeping Week is a great way to boost Team Member morale, positively impact SALT scores, reinforce brand standards and values, and have a lot of fun in the process. We’re not the only ones who think so—hotels across Hilton are just as excited.
“It reinforces that Housekeeping Team Members are the heart of this property. They know that we appreciate them.”
— Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle – Conv Ctr – Pike Street
“International Housekeeping Week is my favorite week of the year at our hotel. We have seen such great things, from teamwork to increased associate satisfaction—and it gives the team a chance to have fun!”
— Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
The Housekeeping Wall of Fame
We want to recognize every Housekeeping team across Hilton! That’s why we created the Housekeeping Wall of Fame. You can submit a photo of your team along with a “shout out.” Let us know what makes your team so special or what you plan on doing during the week. Approved submissions will be displayed on the Housekeeping website. The deadline for entering is September 30. All entrants will be eligible to win one of 25 gift cards worth USD $100 each, to be used to throw a team party. Details below.
Build Your Own Hotel Scrapbook
In addition to the global Wall-of-Fame, you can create your own hotel-specific scrapbook (see inset). Add photos of your team along with congratulatory messages. Add as many photos as you want! You can download a scrapbook specific to your location at any time. Print and display the scrapbook for all to see, and present to your Housekeeping team as a memento at the end of the week.
By adding photos, you’ll be eligible to win one of 25 gift cards worth USD $100 each, to be used to throw a team party. Details below.
Click here to start building your scrapbook, starting August 15.
Share Your Housekeeping Week Photos and Win!
Win a Housekeeping Team party worth USD $100. This year, the Recognition Team will select 25 winning Housekeeping teams from across Hilton. Winning locations will receive a USD $100 gift card to subsidize a team party. To be eligible, all you have to do is submit a photo to the global Wall of Fame or your hotel-specific scrapbook. You can also share your photos on social media using the tag #IHW19.
The deadline for entering is September 30. Winners will be selected at random from both the Wall of Fame and social media. Look for winners to be announced in the October issue of the “Recognition Matters!” newsletter and on the Prizes & Winners page.
So what are you waiting for? Add a photo today.
Customizable Recognition Tools
Give your celebration a boost with these customizable materials. Click here to download the items below. All content is customizable, including language.
- NEW! Photobooth Props. Trim, put together, and have your team pose for photos as a memento. Some assembly required.
- Recognition Certificates and Thank You Cards. Use these to say thank you and to acknowledge service, attendance, cleanliness scores, attitude, teamwork, and more.
- Team Area Promotional Flyers. Print and post in team areas to build awareness and excitement.
- Customizable Water Bottle Labels and Candy/Protein Bar Wrappers. Turn a simple water bottle or candy / protein bar into a high-impact recognition tool.
- Team Area Pennants. Use these colorful branded pennants to decorate your team area. Affix to the walls or string together.
- Team Photo Frames. Add a photo, print, and post around the hotel to highlight your team. You can also print and frame them, and hand them out as mementoes.
- Housekeeping Fun Facts Worksheet. Use this simple worksheet to calculate the number of beds made, rooms cleaned, and other interesting facts. Then, print the results and present them to your team in recognition of their hard work.
- Desktop Wallpaper. Download an International Housekeeping Week wallpaper for your desktop background.
- Hotel Scrapbook. Create an online scrapbook specific to your hotel and share with your team.
101 Best Practices
We compiled a list of our favorite International Housekeeping Week best practices, submitted by hotels from across Hilton. From low-cost party and gift ideas to skill-building contests and SALT incentives, these ideas are designed to boost morale, drive performance, reinforce brand standards, and have fun! To view all 101 best practices click here.
Make a Plan (Idea Starters)
Every great celebration begins with a plan. Before the week kicks off, plan an activity, gift, or party for each day of the week. We created a Celebration Planner to help you stay organized. Click here to download. Need a few hints to get your planner started? We have new flyers for fun holidays during the week that might provide some inspiration::
- Monday, September 9 is Boss/Team Member Exchange Day. We take time for Team Members and bosses to swap roles for a while. Management at Madinah Hilton pitched in for two hours cleaning rooms while the Housekeeping team took a well-deserved break.
- Tuesday September 10 is International Hot Dog Day. A great way to serve up a great meal is with hot dogs! Let’s celebrate! Whether it’s an original, a brat, a chili dog, Chicago dog, or anything else, you can’t go wrong. Don’t forget the condiments!
- Wednesday September 11 is Make Your Bed Day. Thank your Housekeeping team for all the beds they make each day. It’s also the perfect day to have a bed-making contest!
- Thursday, September 12 is International Day of Encouragement. Great job! Today is dedicated to uplifting people around us and making a positive impact. Let’s take time to show our appreciation to our Housekeeping team, and everyone else, by giving them a high five.
- Friday September 13 is International Fortune Cookie Day. Our Housekeepers keep our rooms sparkling and our guests smiling. It’s our good fortune to have such a wonderful team, as well as everyone else at our location. Let’s wish the best of fortune to these heroes.