2017 Canopy by Hilton Housekeeping Week Program Overview
While we show our appreciation year-round, each September we set aside one special week to put the spotlight on our Housekeeping heroes and say thank you for offering a positive stay. From September 11-17, it’s time to bring this valuable back-of-house team to the forefront. Below, we’ve included everything you need to know to make this your best Housekeeping Week ever.
- Why We Celebrate
- The Housekeeping Wall of Fame
- Build Your Own Hotel Scrapbook
- Share Your Housekeeping Week Photos and Win!
- Customizable Recognition Tools
- 101 Best Practices
- Make a Plan (Idea Starters)
Why We Celebrate
International Housekeeping Week is a great way to boost Team Member morale, positively impact SALT scores, reinforce brand standards and values, and have a lot of fun in the process. We’re not the only ones who think so—hotels across Hilton are just as excited.
“Our team is the best, and when we show them that we appreciate them, they keep up the excellent job.”
— DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta – Alpharetta
“The Housekeepers know that the entire hotel is behind them and recognizes that their job is difficult and demanding. This boosts their spirits and morale.”
— Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview
The Housekeeping Wall of Fame
We want to recognize every Housekeeping team across Hilton! That’s why we created the Housekeeping Wall of Fame. ou can submit a photo of your team along with a “shout out.” Let us know what makes your team so special or what you plan on doing during the week. Approved submissions will be displayed on the Housekeeping website. The deadline has been extended until October 15. All entrants will be eligible to win one of 50 gift cards worth US $100 each, to be used to throw a team party. Details below.
Build Your Own Hotel Scrapbook
In addition to the global Wall-of-Fame, you can create your own hotel-specific scrapbook (see inset). Add photos of your team along with congratulatory messages. Add as many photos as you want! You can download a scrapbook specific to your location at any time. Print and display the scrapbook for all to see, and present to your Housekeeping team as a memento at the end of the week.
By adding photos, you’ll be eligible to win one of 50 gift cards worth US $100 each, to be used to throw a team party. Details below.
Click here to start building your scrapbook.
Share Your Housekeeping Week Photos and Win!
Win a Housekeeping Team party worth US $100. This year, the Recognition Team will select 50 winning Housekeeping teams from across Hilton. Winning locations will receive a US $100 gift card to subsidize a team party. To be eligible, all you have to do is submit a photo to the global Wall of Fame or your hotel-specific scrapbook. You can also share your photos on social media using the tag #IHW16.
The deadline for entering is September 28. Winners will be selected at random from both the Wall of Fame and social media. Look for winners to be announced in the October issue of the “Recognition Matters!” newsletter and on the Prizes & Winners page.
So what are you waiting for? Add a photo today.
Customizable Recognition Tools
Give your celebration a boost with these customizable materials. Click here to download the items below. All content is customizable, including language.
- Recognition Certificates and Thank You Cards. Use these to say thank you and to acknowledge service, attendance, cleanliness scores, attitude, teamwork, and more.
- Team Area Promotional Flyers. Print and post in team areas to build awareness and excitement.
- Customizable Water Bottle Labels and Candy/Protein Bar Wrappers. Turn a simple water bottle or candy / protein bar into a high-impact recognition tool.
- Team Area Pennants. Use these colorful branded pennants to decorate your team area. Affix to the walls or string together.
- Team Photo Frames. Add a photo, print, and post around the hotel to highlight your team. You can also print and frame them, and hand them out as mementoes.
- Housekeeping Fun Facts Worksheet. Use this simple worksheet to calculate the number of beds made, rooms cleaned, and other interesting facts. Then, print the results and present them to your team in recognition of their hard work.
- Desktop Wallpaper. Download an International Housekeeping Week wallpaper for your desktop background.
- Hotel Scrapbook. Create an online scrapbook specific to your hotel and share with your team.
101 Best Practices
We compiled a list of our favorite International Housekeeping Week best practices, submitted by hotels from across Hilton. From low-cost party and gift ideas to skill-building contests and SALT incentives, these ideas are designed to boost morale, drive performance, reinforce brand standards, and have fun! To view all 101 best practices click here.
Make a Plan (Idea Starters)
Every great celebration begins with a plan. Before the week kicks off, plan an activity, gift, or party for each day of the week. We created a Celebration Planner to help you stay organized. Click here to download. Need a few hints to get your planner started? These holidays might provide some inspiration:
- Sunday, September 11 is Make Your Bed Day. Give your Housekeepers a break and help with making beds. And it’s the perfect day to have a bed-making contest. It’s also Grandparent’s Day. Take the time to recognize the grandparents on your team!
- Monday, September 12 is Chocolate Milkshake Day. It’s also Boss/Employee Exchange Day. Have some milk shakes of all flavors ready at your morning huddle. Then take the time to pitch in and help your Housekeeping team.
- Tuesday, September 13 is Fortune Cookie Day. Hand out fortune cookies during the day and share the fun. It’s also National Peanut Day. Bake some peanut butter cookies (and have someone else make sugar cookies for those with nut allergies) for your hard-working Housekeeping Team Members.
- Wednesday, September 14 is National Cream Filled Donut Day. Whether you enjoy chocolate, vanilla, lemon, or ganache filling in your donut, today is the perfect day to enjoy these sweet treats! It’s also Eat a Hoagie Day.> Need we say more?
- Thursday, September 15 is Make a Hat Day is Time’s Up Day. Buy inexpensive hats at a party store. Get your Housekeeping team to decorate them (or have other teams decorate for them) and wear them for the day.
- Friday, September 16 is Guacamole Day.Prepare some guacamole for your team. Don’t forget the chips. It’s also Working Parents Day. Take the time to recognize the working parents on your teams.
- Saturday, September 17 is International Eat an Apple Day. Have bowls of apples on hand for a delicious treat for your team. Or served them baked since it’s also Apple Dumpling Day.